Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
In line with the Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad group of companies’ (“Group”) commitment to be a sustainable and responsible palm oil producer and supplier, the Group has embarked on a programme towards achieving the international certifications on Roundtable Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
The RSPO certification has enable the Group to join the rank of responsible palm oil producer and supplier in the global palm oil market. In fact, before the Group embarked on its journey on RSPO certification, sustainability measures had been put in place to secure the RSPO certification.
The Group achieved its RSPO certification for all mills (Bukit Mas Palm Oil Mill and Jeroco Palm Oil Mill 1, Jeroco Palm Oil Mill 2 and Tomanggong Palm Oil Mill) in January 2015.
In November 2018, RSPO has reviewed the Principle and Criteria (P&C) with the objective to improve the relevance and effectiveness of the P&C for RSPO members and in achieving the shared vision and mission of making sustainable palm oil the norm. The 7 principles of RSPO P&C 2018 are as follows:
- Principle 1: Behave ethically and transparently
- Principle 2: Operate legally and respects rights
- Principle 3: Optimise productivity, efficiency, positive impacts and resilience
- Principle 4: Respect community and human rights and deliver benefits
- Principle 5: Support smallholder inclusion
- Principle 6: Respect workers’ rights and conditions
- Principle 7: Protect, conserve and enhance ecosystems and the environment
The Group is committed to implementing a fully traceable and transparent supply chain whereby our products can be traced back to its source. The Group also recognise that a large part of company’s footprint lies beyond the Group operations. For this purpose, Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad established a taskforce in 2017 to monitor the traceability of company products and had developed and implemented a “Traceability and Supply Chain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)”. The objectives of the SOP are:
- Procedure for identifying, segregating & recording the estate and mill products by suitable means during all stages of reception, production, storage and delivery.
- Procedure for recording the Certified Sustainable Fresh Fruit Bunch (CSFFB) and Normal Fresh Fruit Bunch (FFB) by suitable means from harvesting and during stages of loading.
- Procdeure for recording the Certified Sustainable Fresh Fruit Bunch (CSFFB) and Normal FFB by suitable means from reception and during stages of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO), Crude Palm Oil (CPO), Certified Sustainable Palm Kernel (CSPK) and Palm Kernel (PK) dispatch to refinery.
- Procedure for documented recording of the CSPO and CSPK delivery from mill to refinery/bulk transit installation (external) or buyer’s vessel.
- Procedure for documented recording of the CSPO and CSPK during the development of the contract agreement, purchase order, and after delivery/sales of the product has been made.
Please click here to view the Group’s RSPO Certified Palm Oil Mill and its FFB suplier (supply base, internal or external supplier)
Certificates:Scope : Production of crude palm oil and palm kernel
Jeroco Palm Oil Mill 1 and Jeroco Palm Oil Mill 2
Tomanggong Group of Estates
Scope : Palm Oil Production and Management System
Sungai Segama Group of Estates and Bukit Mas Palm Oil Mill
Scope : Oil Palm Plantation Management System
Ladang Kawa Estate and Hap Seng Estate
Independent Local Outgrower / Smallholder